Air Nostrum also flies as Iberia Regional airlines. As such, the same baggage policies apply for both brands. These are all under the Iberia Airlines name. The baggage policies for these airlines are found under the "short-haul" information on the Iberia Airlines Baggage Allowance page.
|Checked Baggage Allowance||7/10|
|Excess Baggage Fees||7/10|
One bag (55x40x20cm) is allowed, with no specified weight limit. You simply must be able to place it into the overhead bins yourself, or under the seat in front of you.
An additional accessory/personal item is also allowed, such as a purse or small briefcase.+ Show Full Policy
The maximum size must be 55cm x 40cm x 20cm (115 cm), including handle, pockets and wheels. Also:
It must fit the measuring supports available in the check-in areas
It must fit the closed overhead lockers installed for this purpose, or below the passenger's seat.
If your baggage is over size it will be taken from you at the boarding gate.
* The aircraft used by Iberia Regional Air Nostrum are smaller than those used by Iberia, therefore the maximum weight allowance and size are lower.
** If the itinerary includes a flight operated by American Airlines or British Airways, it is possible that a piece of baggage maybe be withdrawn at the gate to be transported in the hold at no additional cost.
In accordance with German Civil Aviation regulations, the maximum weight allowed for hand luggage is 8 kg.
If you are travelling on IB7XXX or IB5XXX, IB4XXX flights or flights operated by an airline other than Iberia or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum, please check your hand luggage allowance with that airline before travelling.
Tourist and Economy Tourist passengers are always allowed 1 bag of 23kg/50lbs to be checked free of charge.
Full Tourist passengers on long-haul flights (to/from North and South America) are allowed 2 bags of 23kg each.+ Show Full Policy
The total length width height of each item must not exceed 158 cm, including strap, pocket and wheels (expect for certain special baggage)
Each item that you check will have a free maximum weight of 23 kg. If the item exceeds 23 kg and weighs up to a maximum of 32 kg, an excess baggage charge of EUR 60 per item will apply. (See exceptions for Iberia Plus clients) Tickets issued with resident discount in The Canaries, Balearics, Ceuta and Melilla, an excess weight charge of 15EUR will be applied on the first suitcase, except for IB5000 series flights. Under no circumstances will baggage in excess of 32 kg* be accepted.
* Certain individual items of baggage (pieces), such as musical instruments, TV cameras, commercial spare parts, etc., weighing between 32 kg and 45 kg may be allowed, taking into account special excess weight and with a charge of EUR 150.
(1) To/From Brazil, 2 pieces are permitted for all economy classes. The authorized weight per bag is 32 kg instead of 23 kg, a benefit which is applicable on the return journey as well as the outbound.
(2)A free baggage allowance for 3 standard items in Business and 2 standard items in tourist applies to/from Equatorial Guinea (application period for tourist class: from 16/01 to 15/06 and from 21/09 to 20/11). A free baggage allowance for 2 standard items in tourist applies to/from Nigeria and Senegal.
As a one-off restriction, passengers traveling to Malabo between 14 December and 9 January 2011, from any origin in the Iberia network, will only be able to take the baggage allowance shown on their ticket, to which one further courtesy piece will added to passengers who are holders of Club Fiesta or Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold and Silver cards.
(3) Standard item: maximum size and weight 158 cm and 23 kg.
(4) Passengers who, from 1st March 2011, purchase excursion tickets booked in B class with origin-destination or transit in the North Atlantic: United States (USA and Puerto Rico), Mexico or Canada, will be eligible to carry a single (1) piece of baggage.
Iberia Plus clients will receive benefits. Please see Iberia website for details.
Children holding a Child ticket (between 2 and 11 years of age) or an infant ticket (under 2 years travelling with an adult) will have the same baggage allowance as an adult and, additionally may take a foldable buggy/pushchair.
Remember that each airline that operates a flight sets the free baggage allowance that passengers can take on its flights without any charge and in line with its weight, dimensions and content limitations and the conditions of each airline. Check with the operator airline to confirm your free baggage allowance and other restrictions.
Linear Dimensions: What are Linear Dimensions?
Piece vs Weight: What is Piece Concept vs Weight Concept
Packing List: Travel Packing Checklist
Overweight and extra baggage fees will be charged for exceeding your baggage allowance. Flat-rate fees are applied for overweight baggage (anything from 23-32kg/50-70lbs), with prices depending on the origin and destination of your flight.
The charge for an additional item of 23kg is often the same as the overweight fee, so it is more beneficial to purchase a 2nd bag allowance, as it allows for more flexibility when packing. The extra allowance can be purchased online for a discounted rate.+ Show Full Policy
Iberia Plus clients will receive benefits.
Note: If the journey originates in America, Africa or the Middle East and is paid over the Internet it will be in US dollars (USD), with the exchange rate at 1:1
(1) To/From Brazil, 2 pieces are permitted for all economy classes. The authorised weight per bag is 32 kg instead of 23 kg, a benefit which is applicable on the return journey as well as the outbound.
(2) Passengers travelling in Business class when the origin, destination or transit point is the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico or Canada, will not incur overweight charges provided the long-haul flight is operated by American Airlines, British Airways or Iberia. On the rest of the flights flown in Business class the overweight charge will also be waived when the total weight of the baggage does not exceed the personal allowance.
(3) A free baggage allowance for 3 standard items in Business and 2 standard items in tourist applies to/from Equatorial Guinea (application period for tourist class: from 16/01 to 15/06 and from 21/09 to 20/11). A free baggage allowance for 2 standard items in tourist applies to/from Nigeria and Senegal. For these three countries (Equatorial Guinea, Nigeria and Senegal), the price per additional piece of permitted baggage is always 150 EUR.
As a one-off restriction, passengers travelling to Malabo between 14 December and 9 January 2011, from any origin in the Iberia network, will only be able to take the baggage allowance shown on their ticket, to which one further courtesy piece will added to passengers who are holders of Club Fiesta or Iberia Plus Platinum, Gold and Silver cards.
(4) Tickets issued with resident discount in The Canaries, Balearics, Ceuta and Melilla, an excess weight charge of 15 EUR will be applied on the first suitcase, except for IB5000 series flights.
(5) For passengers with tickets issued before 28th February, to travel from 1st March, will be able to take advantage of the baggage allowance shown on their ticket.
(6) Sailors: 2 items of 23kg.
A maximum of 10 pieces in addition to the free allowance are permitted, except for routes with specific restrictions (such as Africa, with the exception of Johannesburg, the limit for which is only one extra item of baggage).
Checked in free baggage allowance for code share airlines, oneworld and associates, may be different. When you have completed a booking, you will find details about the airline operating your flight at bookings management. Check with the operator airline to confirm your free baggage allowance and other restrictions.
|Bikes||Air Nostrum Bikes Policy||All Airline's Bikes Policies|
|Fishing Equipment||Air Nostrum Fishing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Fishing Equipment Policies|
|Golf Clubs||Air Nostrum Golf Clubs Policy||All Airline's Golf Clubs Policies|
|Skis||Air Nostrum Skis Policy||All Airline's Skis Policies|
|Windsurfing Equipment||Air Nostrum Windsurfing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Windsurfing Equipment Policies|