LOT Polish Airlines flies to international destinations in Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia.
|Checked Baggage Allowance||7/10|
|Excess Baggage Fees||7/10|
Be sure to check out our new sister-site, Airline-Pet-Policies.com, for information about flying with your cat, dog, or other pet.
You are allowed 1 bag of 8kg as your carry-on. Business Class passengers may bring 2 bags of 9kg each.+ Show Full Policy
Depending on the class of travel passengers can bring on board:
LOT Business Class - 2 pieces each up to 9 kg
LOT Premium Class - 2 pieces, both up to 12 kg (1 piece max. 8 kg)
LOT Economy Plus - 1 piece up to 8 kg
LOT Economy Class - 1 piece up to 8 kg
LOT Economy Simple - 1 piece up to 8 kg
Hand luggage must fit in the overhead shelf on board or under the preceding front passenger's seat.
In case of flights operated by DH4 aircraft "Delivery at aircraft" procedure applies. The cabin baggage will be loaded into the hold before boarding and given back to the passenger after landing.
Below the permitted size of cabin baggage:
Note: In case of exceeding the allowed limit of hand baggage an excess baggage charge will be applied.
In addition to the above cabin baggage allowance, the following items may be carried free of charge:
- ladies handbag or shoulder-strapped bag or laptop bag (max. 40 cm x 35 cm x 12 cm)
- food and collapsible baby stroller or push chair for a child
The handicapped passengers are allowed to carry additionally on board the following necessary items:
- wheelchair (wheelchair will be loaded into the hold before boarding and will be given back to the passenger after landing)
- crutches or other medical devices for personal use
Economy Class passengers are always allowed 1 bag of 23kg/50lbs free of charge.
Business Class passengers may bring 2 bags of 32kg/70lbs each on short-haul routes, and a 3rd bag on long-haul flights.+ Show Full Policy
LOT Economy Simple Checked Baggage Allowance
No free checked bags are included.
International flights - When buying a ticket in LOT Economy Simple, you can buy the first piece of checked baggage at a reduced price (lot.com, LOT Contact Center: 60 PLN/20 USD/20 CAD/15 EUR each way, LOT Commercial Office: 120 PLN/40 USD/40 CAD/30 EUR each way).
Domestic flights - When buying a ticket in LOT Economy Simple, you can buy the first piece of checked baggage at a reduced price (54 PLN/15 USD/19 CAD/13 EUR each way, LOT Commercial Office: 100 PLN/30 USD/30 CAD/25 EUR each way).
LOT Economy Class Checked Baggage Allowance
Intercontinental flights (USA, Canada, China)- 1 piece up to 23kg/50lbs is included free of charge
International flights (Europe, North Africa, Middle East) - 1 piece up to 23kg/50lbs is included free of charge
Domestic flights -1 piece up to 23kg/50lbs is included free of charge
LOT Premium Economy Class Checked Baggage Allowance
Intercontinental flights (USA, Canada, China) - 2 pieces up to 23kg/50lbs each are included free of charge
International flights (Europe, North Africa, Middle East) - 2 pieces up to 23kg/50lbs each are included free of charge
LOT Business Class Checked Baggage Allowance
Intercontinental flights (USA, Canada, China) - 3 pieces up to 32kg/70lbs each are included free of charge
International flights (Europe, North Africa, Middle East) - 2 pieces up to 32kg/70lbs each are included free of charge
- The size of each piece of baggage is limited to 158 cm in total (width + height + depth).
- Miles & More status passengers are permitted a more generous allowance. The weight is depended on the class of travel per above table.
- Children under 2 years old (INF), not occupying a seat, are permitted 1 PC of baggage up to 23 kg (with the three dimension of 158 cm) regardless of class of travel or destination.
- Baggage exceeding the limits by pieces or dimension will be subject to additional fees at check-in.
- Wheelchairs or other mobility-assistance equipment, powered by dry batteries, provided that the battery is disconnected, its terminals are insulated against short circuits, and the battery is securely installed in the chair. Note: Wheelchairs and other mobility-assistance equipment powered by gel batteries do not need to be disconnected from power, provided that their terminals are insulated to prevent short circuits.
- Wheelchairs or other mobility-assistance equipment powered by standard acid-filled batteries.
Aerosols with no additional risk for sports or household use.
- In the interest of safety, your baggage may be checked by the Security Services, for whose actions and the outcomes of those actions the carrier is not responsible, in accordance with the General Conditions of Transport.
Linear Dimensions: What are Linear Dimensions?
Piece vs Weight: What is Piece Concept vs Weight Concept
Packing List: Travel Packing Checklist
A second bag of 23kg/50lbs will cost 50 EUR / $60-70, depending on where you are departing from. Overweight bags, weighing from 24-32kg, cost the same amount. In these situations, it is more economical to check in 2 bags and pay the same fee, as your second bag will allow for an additional 23kg, whereas paying the overweight fee will only allow a maximum of 9 kg extra.+ Show Full Policy
- My Extra Baggage service can be booked up to 12 hours before departure.
- For items which exceed the standard dimensions (over 23 kg or the sum of all height, width an depth exceeds 158 cm), please contact our Call Centre or LOT Offices.
Additional piece of baggage - not included in a ticket price (according to a tariff)
Additional payment at Polish airports:
intercontinental flights - 70 PLN,
international flights - 65 PLN,
domestic flights - 47 PLN.
|Archery Equipment - Bows and Arrows||LOT Airlines Archery Equipment - Bows and Arrows Policy||All Airline's Archery Equipment - Bows and Arrows Policies|
|Bikes||LOT Airlines Bikes Policy||All Airline's Bikes Policies|
|Fishing Equipment||LOT Airlines Fishing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Fishing Equipment Policies|
|Golf Clubs||LOT Airlines Golf Clubs Policy||All Airline's Golf Clubs Policies|
|Kayaks||LOT Airlines Kayaks Policy||All Airline's Kayaks Policies|
|Kitesurfing Equipment||LOT Airlines Kitesurfing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Kitesurfing Equipment Policies|
|SCUBA Diving Equipment||LOT Airlines SCUBA Diving Equipment Policy||All Airline's SCUBA Diving Equipment Policies|
|Skis||LOT Airlines Skis Policy||All Airline's Skis Policies|
|Snowboards||LOT Airlines Snowboards Policy||All Airline's Snowboards Policies|
|Surfboards||LOT Airlines Surfboards Policy||All Airline's Surfboards Policies|
|Windsurfing Equipment||LOT Airlines Windsurfing Equipment Policy||All Airline's Windsurfing Equipment Policies|